Tuesday, December 20, 2011

2011, Oh what a year!!

Well hello everyone. Hope that the Holidays bring's pleasantries to everyone's families. Personally I miss the changing houses every year to visit with family but times a changing and the winds are a blowing different directions forcing us to adjust. I wanted to give ya'll a tad about 2011 that really wasn't anything to shall we say write home to Mom about. Starting in Feb. when Beth and I became Independent contractors for the News-Gazette is where this story starts. Now keeping in mind my wife and I are strong people and are driven to do the right thing and make a living albeit has been pretty hard this year. I wouldn't want to guess how much we've shelled out in car repair bills. Having lost our 2 prize cars because circumstances beyond our control and the repairs on older cars were to follow. Then having moved twice in a 6 month period and if your like me it's the pits. Turmoil has followed us around like a dark cloud no matter which turn we took. On top for me having yet another herniated disc and not having insurance to have surgery forced me to go through Therapy. I've gotta tell ya I wasn't very optimistic about therapy being able to accomplish anything but count me wrong. I feel so much better. Just need to strengthen my left arm up and wouldn't hurt if I got in better shape as I'm now................46. Stop laughing!! On the positive side of things I can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel or at least glimpses would be more appropriate. My wife's put in for a promotion which will help pave the way for Insurance which as most of you know is worth it's weight in Gold. Never do I want to go without for a single day again. I'm expecting bigger and better things from myself as 2012 is right around the corner. I was able to bowl with my son for the 1st time in 2 years and must say, was very enjoyable. Now that it's back to recreational bowling for me looks like March for the Youth/Adult tournament will see my son entered yet again to see if we can recapture the magic which saw us take 2nd ..3 years ago. On a Sports front unheard of in my generation My Cardinals claimed the World Series while my Boston Bruins after 39 long years took home Lord Stanley. 2012 figures to be a better year. Our family I'm blessed to say has there health and everyone's getting along well so that's great news there. Nothing materialistic from us. We work for everything we have and probably more than we want but the day will come when we can so no complaints here. My son is learning drivers Ed and doing well as a Sophomore in H.S. . Looking forward to watching him play baseball again this year. He's so gifted as a baseball player not to mention bowling. Everything comes natural to him and that's good. It will be nice to see my Mom coming up from Arkansas to spend time with us here in the town of Rantucky. I hope and pray everybody that 2012 brings a renewed optimism and continued health. God Bless from my family to yours wherever you are.  The Dawdy's 

No comments:

Post a Comment