Sunday, May 22, 2011

Decisions....a way of life.

Having spent my 1st- 45 years on this earth I can say with a smile I'm pretty happy. Having said that we come across people who constantly make the wrong choices in life and want to help. Life today is nowhere near what it was 5-10-15 years ago. Unless it's family were hesitant as to help someone out of our circle of friends or family for that matter. Why is that. When was the last time you helped someone you didn't know and feeling good you did a good deed? Many of us have the resources to help someone and I'm not always talking $$$ because in all honesty that's the 1 asset that's in short supply..I know it is around here. Simply making a decision to maybe leave some change in a vending machine, maybe buying someone lunch,offering a ride,donating some food for someone less fortunate,etc. Ok so you get my drift. It's more of a mindset than anything. You always hear about not forget about where you've been and giving back,that's kinda what I had in mind. Maybe striking up conversation with someone you think is like you,maybe at a car wash,laundry mat. Once you start opening up your mind and your heart anything's possible. Notice I didn't say wallet or purse because like I said it's not always about cash. I've been burned plenty to know that,trust me. It's hard in todays world to always smile but for most of us were fortunate to have one another whereas some people have no one. Heard an advertisement on the radio the other day. Smile and the world will smile with you. We have a lot to be thankful for so try an act of kindness and see how it feels. Remember there's always someone worse off.

No comments:

Post a Comment